DSL Problems

I have not been able to access the internet since July 1st, until late this afternoon.

I tried rebooting the DSL modem, router, and computer, numerous times. I tried connecting directly to the DSL modem from the computer itself. I contacted Earthlink numerous times. Nothing solved the problem.

Finally, I decided to try replacing cables, starting with the phone connection. Lo and behold, that was the problem, once I connected a new phone connection, everything worked fine.

This has been a good lesson for me, to practice what I preach. I have always told others check all the simple things first, such as making sure everything is plugged in correctly, and swap out cables first. If I had followed my own advice, I would have saved days of aggravation.

If something like this happens to you, remember check the simple things first.

President/Editor/SIG Leader,
Boca Raton Computer Society, Inc.. Retired, grandfather, blogger, participating in creative writing prompt blogs, and love to read.